Mark Trahan Files to Remain HCDP Chair
Hello, Democrats! You may have seen this message on social media, but I wanted to send you a direct email to let you know.
Last night, I filed to run to remain the County Chair of the Hays County Democratic Party. I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the hard work and accomplishments over the last 10 months. Together, with a strong community and a focus on taking this party to the next level, here is what we have accomplished:
1. Drafted and enacted a set of bylaws and policies and procedures for the county party.
2. Expanded the party from 5 committees to 10 committees to fulfill the needs of our community, including GOTV (Get out the Vote), Candidate, Diversity, Elections, Outreach, Legislative Advocacy, and Technology.
3. Created new procedures for county party involvement in local/municipal elections.
4. Expanded polling locations, with specific additions on the east side of IH-35.
5. Expanded communications and social media outreach.
6. Recruited 8 new precinct chairs.
7. Increased our LBJ Fundraising dollars.
8. Developed a county level volunteer pool (ongoing)
9. Fought against gerrymandered Republican County Precinct maps
10. Further involved clubs in county party strategy and decision making
While we have achieved so much over the last 10 months together, there is so much work to accomplish to #keephayscountyblue.
Over the Holiday season this year, please take time to recharge. Please take time to reflect. Please enjoy family, friends, and the sights, sounds, tastes, and experience of the season.
We have accomplished many goals and I want to encourage you to enjoy and relish what we have achieved together. Then, we must come into the new year super charged, and ready to kick ass and get every voter to the polls.
No excuses. Be a part of the solution. We must work together to see this thing through.
I remain committed to this purpose: to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. It will take work to accomplish, but I know that we can do it together.
— Mark Trahan